ONE WEEK OLD!
Recap of the past week
So much has happened in this past week! We thought we had everything planned out and ready to go when we went to bed last Monday. The C Section was scheduled for 12:30 and we were supposed to leave Clinton at 9:00 to get to the hospital by 10:30. Well, at 4:30 a.m. my water broke so we headed on up to KC. Mom had stayed the night at Darren's and was able to meet us at the hospital. By the time I got there I was having contractions one after the other and was dialated to 5 cm so they decided we were ready to go. The C Section went smoothly and was really not bad it all (except some vomiting, yuck) The whole thing was done in 40 minutes. Dr. Heit said it was a good thing we opted for the C-Section because the cord was loosly wrapped around Brody's neck and that would have been trouble if we had delivered naturally. Also, Jayce had turned breech. I was thankful the C section was done for a reason and the boys were healthy. I was also thankful they picked there own birthday! We were lucky to have so many great family members and friends come to the hospital. There were several tests and procedures done over the next few days and the boys looked good! We had to buy premmie carseats because ours were a bit to big. Jayce had to have a car seat test done because he weighed under 5.5 pounds. They monitored his breathing, heartrate, etc for two hours and he did fine. They got circumsized on Thursday morning. The funny thing is, all along we had been worried about having to leave the boys in the hospital and they were actually ready to go Friday morning before I was! Since the surgery I had some bad headaches whenever I sat up. I dont get headaches! Turns out it was a spinal headache where the spinal fluid slowly leaks from where the needle was inserted during surgery. The headaches had lasted 4 days so Friday morning they took me downstairs to outpatient surgery and did a bloodpatch where they take blood from inside my elbow and insert in my spinal cord to make a patch so the spinal fluid wouldn't leak. I IMMEDIATLY felt better and they discharged me and the boys a few hours later! Mom met us in Clinton and we have since been adjusting to life at home. I have been so grateful to have my Mom here this first week. There is very little time between feedings when there are two babies and she has done so much for us. Today, Brody and Jayce had their one week checkup with our doctor here in Clinton. He said they look great. They are back up to their birthweights and healthy boys, just small! They don't have to go back until they are eight weeks old. What a week! We have probably taken a thousand pics. Here are some of my favorites.
Jayce
Brody
Future Royals players!
cuddling
Getting some Dad time

2 comments:
I was so happy to see your update!!! Glad things are doing good!
(love your pics!)
Sylvia C.
The boys are beautiful...I so miss when mine were that small (well...neither one was quite that small, but you know:) I fondly remember the spinal headaches...glad they got it fixed and you're feeling better and enjoying this new chapter in your lives. All the best
Post a Comment