Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The First Two Months


The First Two Months

When I was pregnant people were anxious to give me advice. Most commonly, “Your life is going to completely change…” or “get your rest now because you aren’t going to get it later.” Although their thoughtfulness was appreciated, there was really nothing I could do to prepare myself for this new “adventure.” Over the past two months I have gotten to know and love Brody and Jayce and have found I couldn’t have cooler kids. I am excited to see them grow and change. I can’t wait to take them to baseball games, teach them to swim, and go on family vacations.

I think it is hard to understand what it is like to have TWO newborns unless you have lived it. Not two babies 12 or 14 months apart, two newborns. That need you…and you only have two arms! I can’t even go to WalMart by myself! Two babies don’t fit in a cart...I even heard Jason and Thomas agreeing they have a whole new respect for their mom! God bless my Grandma Moore for managing triplets! Our families have been great, coming down on the weekends to help us out. But it has been a challenge because they are so far away, and Jason is in the middle of baseball season. There were weeks when he had games every day and didn’t get home until 9:00 or 10:00 at night. I think it is interesting because caring for the boys is not difficult, it is just CONSUMING. Baby cries-check his diaper, feed him, burp him, soothe him, lay him down and then go get the other one who started crying somewhere during the first baby’s routine and do it all over again. When I was breastfeeding and they were eating every two hours was the hardest. At first, the crying was hard to hear. But it is almost like you get used to it and accept it is their only means of communication.

In some ways I can’t believe Brody and Jayce are eight weeks old and in other ways it has been a long eight weeks! The boys are still getting up every three hours to eat but that is getting better. Jason and I have become accustomed to sleep deprivation and our bodies have adapted to about 4 hours of sleep a night! I go back to work in a week and am looking forward to this transition and having some adult interaction. I will be working three days a week for the summer. Jason will be home for summer break and will get his chance to really know the boys. :)
P.S. Brody in red, Jayce in blue above

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful tribute to the past eight weeks of the PRICE life.

Glad things are going well!

Sylvia C.