Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chicken Soup



Grandpa and Grandma Moore


( I stole this from my cousin's facebook; thanks Remy)


Already trying to pick of chicks...(sorry, Camissa :)
@ Danielle's wedding reception


waiting for the Farmer's Day parade


Getting candy!



Last weekend, at the last minute, I decided me and the boys would make a little trip to Shelbina. ( Jason had work to do at home) I don't get there as often as I would like, and realized we just may be able to make it work. I was totally excited to find out it was Farmer's Day. I hadn't been in years and I knew the boys would love to see the parade and I would have a chance to let them hang out downtown Shelbina when there were actually people there! Plus, I am a multitasker...we wanted to make it to Grandma and Grandpa Moore's and finally we had a wedding to attend (well, I did...the boys hung with Pa Pa until the reception) We had 24 hours to make this happen. I might mention I had to be back to the Lake by 10:00 Sunday so that I could catch a ride to Joplin for a baby shower. But, I am always up for showing off my little studs and this seemed like a good opportunity. So, yes, this was a pretty ambitious little trip, but we were up for it! The boys loved the parade, especially the tractors. We watched the parade with Pa Pa, Aunt Shell, and Cousin Amber. The boys ate hot dogs and drank lemonade uptown. Then, we went to Grandma and Grandma Moore's to visit and hang out. For those of you who don't know, I have the perfect Grandparents. They are the most in love couple I know, even after all these years. Grandma loves babies and cooking, Grandpa is hard working and always wants to know what is going on in your life, and they are both ready for a hug the second you hit the back porch. It was great to see them, and I am so grateful Brody and Jayce are able to know them. The boys and Dad stayed over there while I went to the wedding with Mom, Gary, Megan and Zach. The wedding was sweet, especially when the bride, groom, and his little boy and girl all poured sand into a vase. You could tell the whole family loved eachother! Dad and the boys came to the wedding reception. Brody and Jayce loved the food. They danced and had a good time. They met another set of twin boys and thought that was pretty neat. Before they left they even kissed the bride! Not bad! I stayed and visited with some old friends I hadn't seen in a long time and was home and in bed by 10:45 and off to the lake by 7:15 the next morning. On the drive back I felt great. I was trying to figure out why. I decided a trip home was just what I needed. Corny, but chicken soup for the soul!

No comments: